About Wyld Thyngz
Our mission is to connect individuals of all ages to the natural world around them, to find excitement and wonder at it's ever changing seasons, and the abundance of plant life and creatures to be discovered.
We cater for all ages:
- For the youngest children we offer Little Thyngz, our parent and child sessions
- Wyld Thyngz, our Forest School Kindergarten, takes unaccompanied children of 3-7 years
- Really Wyld Thyngz is our group unaccompanied by parents for home educated and flexi schooled children aged 5-11 years
- In 2023, we will be launching a new group for 11+ years
- Birthday parties for 7 years and under,
- Family workshops at festivals
- A variety of learning opportunities for adults.
Find out more about the groupz here.
The aim of our woodland workshops is to inspire children to develop a life long love of the natural world, and to open
their eyes to the opportunities it has to offer. Children are encouraged to respect the world around them and
learn woodland skills in an exciting and nurturing environment.
We're based in 14 acres of our very own ancient woodland with a mixture of broad-leaf and coniferous trees. Shelter is provided by our cosy 'Yurt in the Dirt' with compost toilets and cooking facilities.
Give your child the unique opportunity of learning, exploring and playing in woods near St Mellion, gently guided by Early Years Teachers and Forest School Leaders. Our base camp is a yurt set in 14 acres of private mixed woodland. You provide your child with suitable clothing and a packed lunch, we provide the rest. Small numbers of children with experienced staff; learning in the Wyld for a brighter future.
Really Wyld Thyngz is our group for home educated children aged 5-10 years. We give children the opportunity to play and explore in our woodland, learn and develop their practical skills, and cook on an open fire. We provide a safe and nurturing space and time to build self-confidence, self-awareness, resilience, and a firm sense of community.